Old 10-21-2013, 10:44 AM
QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Lovely quilt! Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, you may want to rethink hanging those quilts, to block sunlight. Sunlight will bleach out the colors, in very little time! You'd do better, to hang a sheet or something else, less valuable.
Oooh no definitely not for keeping out the sun, it is OVER my existing curtains,which are drawn and it to keep out some of the cold draughts I get, it is easterly facing so the wind is bitter when it is that direction.

This is a lovely hand worked quilt, not sure of it's age or where it comes from but a couple of the fabrics are so old that they are disintegrating so I appliqued a Sun Bonnet Sue on , to walk in Grandmothers Flower garden, get it the name of the pattern When I have time I am going to do an Overall Sam for the other worn patch, to keep Sue company. The hangers have lovely smooth plastic grips which are only on the machined edge, which I think was done at a later time as ALL of the rest is hand worked. It is lovely to see it hanging to enjoy as prior to this it was just folded up in amongst my other quilts. When Spring comes I will think of making a space on one of my walls as I think it will be happier hanging that creased up, ignored and forgotten.
Attached Thumbnails ss-repair.jpg  

Last edited by QultingaddictUK; 10-21-2013 at 10:54 AM.