View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 AM
frudemoo

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Well, it only works one way but there have to be a million ways for the parts to go. Did you take pics as you pulled it apart? It helps to line things up in the order they came off, shoot it and then clean it up and re-assemble. Since you didn't you will have to kind of guess. There are ways tensions usually go.
Thanks Miriam, I recall how it was, but the problem is that I'm sure it wasn't right as both myself and the LSMG had it apart and mucking around - a combination of trying to get it to stitch as well as saying "ooooh, isn't that interesting?"

My LSMG actually had a go at unwrapping one of the coils on the spring to fashion a new return end for me - it was quite amazing to watch! The only problem is that he hadn't realised that the way it's set up on this particular machine is that you can't just move it over a bit of it's not quite right.... and unfortunately, he did it so it wasn't quite right. I had a go at re-doing it so the return was in the right position, but I couldn't fashion it into the right shape so essentially I'm back to square one.

THEN I ordered a part from the USA, but it must be for the newer type as it arrived and the spring is only about half the depth of the one that's in it (sigh). So it would be really great just to get some pics of how it's meant to look on a machine that's working. It's really only about the shape/position of the spring, not the assembly itself and how that goes together. I think I've got that part figured out