View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 AM
matraina

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
Could you share this? Sounds good. Thanks
That's funny. My great niece asked her grandmother if she had the recipe for chocolate chip cookies that her late mother used to make. She said they had vanilla pudding mix in it. I got on line and found several that were about the same. I just happened to see Baker's chocolate chips in a brown pouch on the grocery shelves. It had the recipe on the back. Of course, you don't have to use Baker's chocolate chips:

1 c butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c granulated sugar
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavored instant pudding
1 t vanilla
2 eggs
1 t baking soda
2 1/4 c flour
1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Beat butter, sugars, dry pudding mix and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs and baking soda; mix well. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake8-10 min., or until golden brown. Cool 3 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.

Variation: Prepare dough as directed; spread on bottom of 13x9 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 375 degree F oven 20-25min. or until golden brown. Cool before cutting into bars. Makes 24 servings. Individual cookies would probably produce more.

I am making these cookies this afternoon.