Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choc Chip Cookies any new ones

Choc Chip Cookies any new ones

I want to make choc chip cookies, but I am sick of the Toll House recipe. Does anyone have one that is good and a little different ?

And what is the Toll House Recipe ?
    ... please do share, as I have no idea as to how it would compare with other recipes!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

The toll house one is on the back of most chocolate chip bags. Pretty basic but good.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    The toll house one is on the back of most chocolate chip bags. Pretty basic but good.
    Not being in the USA, I guess we have different recipes here!

I add about tsp of cinnamon to my chocolate chip cookie dough.

I think the one's with vanilla pudding mix are good. just go to allrecipes.com and search for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies for the recipe. Not that different but good. I also have an old recipe called Cloverleaf cookies that has three flavors- chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate. There is a small ball of each dough put together in a cloverleaf shape so the flavors stay separate. A bit piddly but good-let me know if you'd like that recipe.

I always use my Mom's recipe and modify it to include peanut butter, a big dollop. This recipe actually had a lot of good for you stuff in it. If you want it, private message me. I use butter flavor Crisco cause butter makes them get hard and/or greasey.

Quote Originally Posted by annie123 View Post
    I think the one's with vanilla pudding mix are good. just go to allrecipes.com and search for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies for the recipe. Not that different but good. I also have an old recipe called Cloverleaf cookies that has three flavors- chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate. There is a small ball of each dough put together in a cloverleaf shape so the flavors stay separate. A bit piddly but good-let me know if you'd like that recipe.
    Could you share this? Sounds good. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by judi wess View Post
    I always use my Mom's recipe and modify it to include peanut butter, a big dollop. This recipe actually had a lot of good for you stuff in it. If you want it, private message me. I use butter flavor Crisco cause butter makes them get hard and/or greasey.
    Would you please share it with all of us here too, so we can try them out as well?
    THANK YOU!

I use a basic chocolate chip recipe BUT add raisins to my batch. If you don't like raisins obviously this won't work but every time I make them, they disappear. I believe years ago they were called Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies.
    I lived in the U.S. for a year & that's where I picked up the recipe but many years ago.
    Dance like no one is watching

dd
    I recently made peanut butter cookies and added milk chocolate chips and peanutbutter chips. Kinda like the peanutbutter blossoms only easier. Everyone loved them and they were gone in no time. I even took some to a friend who owns a bakery. She really liked them too.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

In the past, I've sprinkled sea salt on top of the cookies about 3 minutes after they start baking....what a difference it makes in the taste. I've done this for a large dinner and the cookies are always a big hit when served warm
    Pat

I add a box of instant butterscotch pudding mix and butterscotch chips and nuts to mine. You can also add different chips, chunks, semi and milk to the receipt.

Blog Entries
    Everyone's ideas sound tasty!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

If you are adding instant pudding mix to the dough, do you cut back on any of the usual sugars? Recipes, please! Making me hungry.

I have a recipe from Martha Stewart called "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies" which is a very good alternative and I just use chocolate chips.

Cloverleaf Cookies

3/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1/2 cup shortening
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 egg
    13/4 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
    1square unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
    1/4 cup chunky or creamy peanut butter

Cream first 4 ingred.till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, then flour soda and salt. Divide dough into thirds and add 1 of the last 3 ingredients to each bowl. Chill 1/2 hour.
    Using 1/2 tsp of each dough shape into balls and arrange with sides touching each other on ungreased cookie sheet. It helps to push them gently together so they stick to each other in a cloverleaf shape. Bake at 350-375 9-12 min. Let set 1 minute then carefully remove. 31/2 dozen

The recipe for the ones with vanilla pudding is Mom's Chocolate Chip cookies from www.allrecipes.com

Have you tried "I want to Marry You" cookies? Its an oatmeal based cookie but you use dark and white chocolate chips in it. Also uses flour so not to worry its all oatmeal. Went over great at our last get together. Can be found at most all the recipe sites as that's where I got mine.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Babylock Ellegante, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I grew up on the Toll House cookie recipe. As I've aged I found I like the taste of the Hershey's brand chips better. The recipe on their bag is my all time favorite right now. I sometimes substitute 1/2 oatmeal instead of 1/2 a.p. flour to make a bit chewier cookie. Also, to change up your recipe, add whatever you like besides choc chips. I found a recipe online that called for broken pretzel pieces to be added to choc chip cookie batter along with choc chips. Really good. (I'm a fan of choc cover pretzels though). We sometime add mini m&ms for color, walnuts or nuts to your taste, raisins, etc. Go wild!

Two ways to take basic chocolate chip cookies up a notch is to finely grind walnuts and add to the batter (I usually add chopped walnuts, but grinding them adds something different to the finished product), and I add about 1 cup whole oats. Sounds simple (and it is!), but really makes the whole cookie taste different and in my opinion, much better!!

I found a good one - my new favorite - on the back of the RobinHood flour bag.
    Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
    1 c. butter, softened
    1 c. sugar
    2/3 c. brown sugar
    1 c. creamy peanut butter
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 c. flour
    1 c. quick oatmeal
    2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 c. choc. chips or M&Ms

Beat butter, sugars, peanut butter, vanilla & eggs until creamy.
    Stir in flour, oats, baking soda & salt.
    Stir in chocolate chips.
    Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. or until golden brown.
    Makes about 4 doz. cookies.

joy
    CHOCOLATE NUGGETS...my mother's recipe... old... and I am pretty ancient now...

125g butter, 50g sugar, 3 teaspoons condensed milk, 50g chocolate bits, 100g flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and I add a very little pinch of salt...(optional).

Cream butter and sugar, add condensed milk and chocolate bits, sift in flour and baking powder... raised teaspoon lots, roll into balls and mark with fork... makes 16 biscuits... 165degrees for approximately 14 minutes... don't let them colour...
    joy...

I makes cookies from cake mix: yellow cake mix, stick of butter and 2 eggs, then mix and add:
    Choc chip cookies: add choc chips and nuts to the batter
    Peanut butter cookies: add 1/2 C peanut butter to the batter
    Spice cookies: Spice cake add stick of butter and 2 eggs.
    Chocolate cookies: Chocolate cake mix, add stick of butter and 2 eggs, nuts and chocolate chips.
    I also make lemon cookies and strawberry cookies with the same ingredients, 2 eggs and stick of butter
    Bake 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 min. Makes about 2 1/2 doz.
    Really good and quick

thanks Rocklady for your recipe--it sounds great!

Blog Entries
    I have made them with cinnamon chips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast