Old 10-25-2013, 04:39 PM
nanna-up-north

Default Turning stop motion screw doesn't stop the needle from moving. Help.

I've been working on my 1916 Singer 128 today. I cleaned up everything and oiled it, adjusted the tension and it's sewing really well. It's a handcrank and I've never sewn with one of those so this is a new experience. So, I have a couple of questions.

First, when I threaded the bobbin, I turned the stop motion screw but the needle still went up and down. I think I remember someone else having this problem but I didn't bookmark it at the time and now I need to find out how to fix this. Can someone tell me what to do or direct me to a video or something?

Also, I'm going to have to replace the tire on the bobbin winder. It looks like it's 97 years old, like the machine. I should take the bobbin winder off the machine and take everything apart to clean it a little better. Do I just measure the tire at that point? Do I just take the large screw out?... the one below the winder assembly?

I'll take a picture of this machine tomorrow and post it.... I'd like to know the name of the decals. I thought it was a redeye at first but now I realize it's not one of those.

Thanks