View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 03:44 PM
BizzieLizzie

Default Completed quilt started in 2011

I finally finished the quilt I started on the 25.10.2011 just after my mum passed away. It was difficult to begin with but as time wore on, it became easier. I finally completed it on 25.09.2013. I think I took that long because in some respects completing it would mean that I may forget my mum, but that isn't the case. If anything, memories are stronger and I miss her so much. I think that she would have loved the quilt and would be so enthusiastic about it.

My sister and nephew came to visit in November of 2011 but I could not finish the quilt before they left. He was attracted to it then and I am hoping that it will still hold his interest when they come back in a couple of years time. I say a couple of years because they live abroad. I am looking forward to seeing them again soon. The link to my previous post is as follows:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t163968.html

Hope you like the quilt. It is an original and I did not have a pattern to work from. All of it is my own. The little squares were made using cash till paper which I was lucky to be able to purchase from Lacelady. She is a lovely person and was such an inspiration. She was encouraging when I needed encouragement. Thank you Lacelady. It is 100% hand quilted and far from perfect.

There are such great people on Quiltingboard and I am forever grateful for all their encouragement. Hope you like it!
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0297.jpg   dsc_0301.jpg   dsc_0298.jpg  

Last edited by BizzieLizzie; 10-26-2013 at 03:48 PM.