View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 PM
SuzieQuilts

Thanks everyone for the great input. It is the Brother XR1355. I purchased it today, the sale is off tomorrow. My daughter already has a nice Brother we gave her as a HS grad present 7 years ago from a dealer, and it was a close out special, so we got it for a good price. It has the embroidery on it, and she is sewing as a side business and is finding that switching from one to another is a pain, and asked for a second machine for Christmas. I talked to her today, and her machine needs to go in for service and has a deadline for an order, so I think she will get an early Christmas present, so I will let you know how she likes it. What sold me was Costcos return policy, if you are not happy with it, bring it back, no problem. I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". I don't have a problem paying good money for a machine as I have a few Berninas myself. However, I don't think a person would appreciate driving a luxury car if they had not driven a Toyota first, and that goes for sewing machines, too. I have a Bernina 430 that I inherited from my mom, just waiting to give her, but I feel she needs to "pay" her dues first, before she can really appreciate a good machine, just the way I did.