View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Wholeheart Mom

Hi everybody!

I have been a member of Quilting Board for quite some time but have never participated in this swap. I must say that I have always wanted to participate, but time has not been on my side. However, I love the camaraderie and the warm fuzzies that I get when I read your posts, so I tend to hang out on this thread whenever I have a chance. Also, whenever I need a pick-me-up, it only takes a few minutes of this thread to bring me out of my slump. Thanks to all of you for being there!

Today I really need a pick-me-up. My precious father died two days ago and my emotions are all over the place. I am sitting here in his room and typing this on his computer while I take care of my mom, who is quite frail and weak and taking the loss of her husband of 55 years quite hard.

Anyway, I am comforting myself with the thoughts of making a memory quilt out of his plaid western shirts. I am brainstorming patterns and ideas, and one thing that I would really love is an embroidered block with his name on it. Unfortunately, my machine doesn't embroider, so I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to swap blocks with me on the side..... I would gladly make you any type of block (I am a pretty good intermediate quilter) that doesn't involve embroidery if you could make me an embroidered block for my father's memory quilt. Please let me know if you would be willing to swap with me.