Thread: Singer lube
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Sunflowerzz

I have been watching this thread with great interest and I just finished speaking with Kevin Wall at Super Lube. What a nice person he was and very informative. Joe is right, the Super Lube multi purpose grease will not go down the wick, but the light oil and extra light oil will. The extra light oil is like water with the light oil a little thicker, and they will not hurt the plastic gears.

He suggests the Super Lube synthetic grease for the gears and light weight oils for wicking and other applications, they also have oil with Teflon. Their site is extensive with many drop down menus with sidebar menus and that is where to go to find oils and then find the oil/PTFE which is Teflon, I believe he said they trade marked it as Synco-lon. It comes in different viscosities and could replace Tri flow. Basically he said for sewing machines you need at least two or maybe even three different products if you are really into oiling to keep them up and running smoothly depending on the needs of the machines and the motors.

Their oils range in viscosity from peanut butter grade 2 to water grade 000. Very informative site and very nice people. Hope this sheds some light on Super Lube

LINK BELOW

http://www.super-lube.com/grease-app...ns-ezp-16.html