Old 11-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I don't quilt on a Janome anymore but I can tell you my quilt not moving horror story... I have a Juki 2000 that I mainly use for piecing. If I'm doing any small projects I sometimes will use the Juki. The rest get done with my Lizzie sit down. Anywhoooo... Someone in my guild wanted to try out my Juki for quilting. I had never done it. We put the hopping foot on... dropped the dogs... went to quilt and the quilt would not move at all. It was miserable fighting it. Turns out the hopping foot didn't hop. The dealer sent me a new foot and I had the same problem. I contacted tech at the company. Turns out the oil that was used in transporting the foot from China solidified - and was a known problem. It was suggested that I use some wd40 to loosen it up and then take a hammer and tap on it to get it unstuck. I'm glad the tech guy sent me a new hopping foot because when hubby tapped the foot with the hammer, it broke. So my problem was the actual foot.

If it isn't your foot, have you considered getting something to make your machine's table area super slick? There are products out there to make your machine bed slicker - there are sprays, a paste/polishes and the supreme sliders. I hope you get it worked out