View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 04:42 AM
hsquiltingmom

She found the picture online. She had first found a quilt pattern on etsy that she liked for a rag quilt, that was done in strips and then she wanted squares on the bag, but, not having done that combination in a rag quilt I didn't think it would work. The picture was found somewhere, and it led you to believe you could find the instructions on Martha Stewarts site, but I clicked to go there, and they weren't there.

It would be a pattern that if I were able to publish it, that would be great for beginners. It is just a square with a border around it. It almost seems like there would be instructions some place, but not sure where. That is what gave me the idea for doing my own. I guess where I get confused, is I can look at different quilt magazines, and they have quilts made by different designers, but they are the same blocks, (square in a square, flying geese, etc), and this is where I am confused about copyrights.

I was able to figure out the yardage for her, and she was able to get the fabric she wanted so all is good.