Thread: 99K question?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

I guess I am lucky so far in replacing cords; I just cut up an extension cord and replace a bad sewing machine cord; so are no zzzzzzzt's or flying electric sparks. But I don't take on anything like the above which I feel is too far over my human understanding level. Which cord is attached to what?????

I have had an entry on the board lately about my 15 91 motor dying on me; and so far no luck in getting the machine back running; could it be that little three hold cord holder thing that plugs into the end of the head of the machine? Can that be replaced? Plus we have tried several used Singer feet with no luck; should I try a plain ol' metal type that repairmen used to use when they replaced a foot pedal? Just thinking out loud (in cyber space really) here; I'll be watching this one for an answer, but not avidly, as the machine is out in a cold work shop and I won't be going out there until DH starts heating it up for the winter. And I am going nuts trying to get my Christmas projects in line, so am too preoccupied to try to work my way through an electrical (?) problem.