Thread: I am so sad
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
TexasGurl

Agree, Lori ... I think it has been a "perfect storm" scenario ... more quilters shopping online with busy schedules, high fabric prices, the uneven economy, and most of us have been using our stashes !! As someone who worked and taught in 2 LQS in past years, shops absolutely HAVE to update their offerings and hours, to stay alive and well ...
Too many shops think they can still do things the same way they did 10 years ago.
Many quilters work full time and the shops NEED to be open later, several evenings a week or Sunday afternoons. The old 10-4 day won't cut it today. Even here around Houston, there are only a few open later on weekdays or on Sundays ... the LQS closest to me considers "late" = 6 pm ?? ... most of us are just getting off work then, plus traffic.

If you don't have a good website, newsletter, updated classes and technique demos etc, you'll be left behind ... and Out of Business. The busy quilter and younger quilters are demanding things on THEIR schedule - and if you don't offer that, they'll go home and order online.

Last edited by TexasGurl; 11-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.