View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM
fktsewing

First of all, you should look up a authorized Singer dealer and take the machine to them and ask why it does not work properly. Bellaboo is right, they have access to their repair people. However, where you bought it is not the problem, it is the brand. For the last 33 years the Singer brand sewing machine has gone down hill. They are in my opinion the worst machine made. I had one that I bought at a dealers back then and it never worked correctly. I bought a Kenmore and it was a dream and still is. I also have Viking which I love, but I bought my Brother serger at WalMart and have had no problems with it at all. It still works great. I have one friend who bought a Brother at Costco for $99 and it runs like a dream and another one who bought the Brother Project Runway machine at Wal Mart and I must admit I was impressed with them both. They work great. NOw go to that Singer dealer---even if they don't wind up helping or fixing it, you will feel better venting. Also email to their home office on the website.