Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine co's grrr !!! >

sewing machine co's grrr !!!

sewing machine co's grrr !!!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:15 PM

stitchin mamaw to be honest all I know is singer. It has electronic control and 23 stitch patterns.When I bought my machine I just wanted one that I could fix a torn seam or patch a pair of pants. I never thought about quilting.Then my daughter got me started on quilting.She has the same machine as I do never had a problem.Sorry to hear of your bad luck.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:34 AM

My husband bought me a Singer ingenuity at Walmart for Christmas a few years ago, since then I have gotten a BabyLock EsanteBLN and an imagine serger from Baby Lock, I love babylock machines, but my Singer is my old standby I do all my quilting on it and it just keeps humming I do have all the machines serviced once a year. I have found that if you find a good place to get them serviced and talk to the tech, they will help you even if they have to call the Company. I don't know how much my husband paid but it cost me $85 to have it serviced, if that is more than he paid that's fine because I have gotten lots of use out of it. So maybe bite the bullet and talk to the service tech. Just an suggestion.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

WOO HOO !!! I finally got it working . I exchanged the bobbincase with an old one and it worked ! It is sewing pretty good now ! Crossed fingers . Another woo hoo ! I found an open toed foot that works on this machine , too ! Can you tell I'm excited ?

Finished my daughter's tree skirt . So things are good for now . Annie
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM

I am so glad you got it going. It makes you feel good when you finally get something working right.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:36 PM

That's great, you're back to quilting again. If you're anything like me, if your machine is down you feel lost. It's really nice to have a spare sitting there.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM

First of all, you should look up a authorized Singer dealer and take the machine to them and ask why it does not work properly. Bellaboo is right, they have access to their repair people. However, where you bought it is not the problem, it is the brand. For the last 33 years the Singer brand sewing machine has gone down hill. They are in my opinion the worst machine made. I had one that I bought at a dealers back then and it never worked correctly. I bought a Kenmore and it was a dream and still is. I also have Viking which I love, but I bought my Brother serger at WalMart and have had no problems with it at all. It still works great. I have one friend who bought a Brother at Costco for $99 and it runs like a dream and another one who bought the Brother Project Runway machine at Wal Mart and I must admit I was impressed with them both. They work great. NOw go to that Singer dealer---even if they don't wind up helping or fixing it, you will feel better venting. Also email to their home office on the website.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

I never thought about emailing the home office . Thanks Annie
Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 PM

I was so glad to hear that it started working with a new bobbin case. I am so happy for you. I would die without mine and I totally understand the unemployment thing. My husband is not working either. Keep your spirits up and I will keep good thoughts that it continues to work.
Happy Sewing!!!!!!!!