Old 11-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Zappycat

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I taught middle school students for 39 years. I loved it, and I loved the students. But I am having a real problem thinking of items that might sell at a craft show for that age. This sounds a bit awful, but students that age are pretty self-centered, so you might try for some items that they would like for themselves, as I think that is what they might buy. Scrunchies for the hair, magnet things for refrigerators that they might want inside their lockers, fabric bracelets (? I think I saw such a thing somewhere....)...

Anyway, I am really not much help, am I? Students will also be looking for items to give to their friends, maybe?

Dina
Dina,
I have to get some clarification on this from the woman that told me about it. I was thinking it was a boutique for them to buy gifts for their parents and maybe for brothers and sisters, grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc...in other words, family. But she said to me ..."you know... think like a middle schooler"! Good heavens that was a long long time ago!! But, I think you may be right! They tend to think about themselves!

Thank you for all of the suggestions so far. I had forgotten about some of these things... like the tea bag wallet. I made them for teacher's gifts years ago! Some good suggestions here. For me, its going to be a matter of TIME! Never enough of that!!