View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 AM
chickadee_42us

This is exactly how I felt when I visited Kaufman County Quilt Guild, you know I didn't get the warm friendly vibe and to adhere to all bylaws - so many charity quilts, so many hours in preparation of this or that event.
My area is rather rural and I doubt anyone would get together on evenings or Saturdays to have small quilting groups, including myself!

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
I went to my first quilt guild meeting last night as a guest. It was interesting and the speaker was very good and had some awesome projects to share with us. Not sure if I am ready to join just yet. One thing it did was make me wish we had a quilting/sewing group in our area. Maybe something a tad less formal than the quilting guild, and smaller! There were so many there last night. Didn't not get that warm and friendly feeling. It was more of an informational meeting - not get together and share type meeting to me. Now I would be interested in starting a stitching group. Get together once a month, share tips and ideas, maybe have a sewing retreat once a year, and a sew in day every now and then. We could also pick a charity and as a group work on quilts for them.

So have you done this? Is it too much work? I work full time and keep grand children a lot on weekends. But I would really like the idea of a smaller, more personal quilting group of friends.

If you have done it, or are in a group like this please share any and all do's or don'ts.
Terri