View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 04:19 PM
amelia0607

Default Table runner questions

I am going to make my daughter a very simple table runner for Thanksgiving. This idea may sound strange to you but she will absolutely love this. I am going to print 5 photos of the family pets and use those as blocks with a fall border around them. I am going to use Insul brite as batting so that she actually put warm dishes on this. I am going to instruct her to flip it over when she's using it - not sure how the photos will handle warm dishes being set right on them or being sprayed with Spray N wash if food gets on it. She will only use this once a year so I'm not too worried about being washed alot.

This will be second ever quilting project and I'm just sort of winging it (which is always a questionable idea). Right now, I have four questions. Sure I will have more later.
  1. I'm washing the cotton first. Do I have to wash the fabric that goes in the printer? I bought a package of fabric sheets for ink jet printers. I don't think I have to wash it first but it doesn't say so I don't know.
  2. Do I need to wash the Insul brite first? It says no need to prewash but just want to make sure. Don't want it shrinking inside and the outside not shrinking since I prewash it.
  3. Daughter's table is 42" x 84". What size should I make the table runner?
  4. Would you lay out the pictures so that they are all even or would you stagger them - one up, one down, one up, one down, one down? Which way would look better? And would one way be easier than the other?

Think that's all for now. Sure I will have more as I get into this.

Thanks in advance. You guys are the greatest!!

Amy