Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 PM
kiffie2413

Love the hubby/dogs pic!
I have quite a bit of batik fabric, hard to believe, but I haven't made anything with any of it! Only used it in some applique projects..
I actually ordered a table runner kit that is all batiks, from Connecting Threads. It's all still waiting to be made. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me! I have said to self, "Self, you are not starting anything new until you finish some of the ufos you have everywhere!".
I am working on finishing the brazilian embroidery/ribbon work/beading/embellishments on the 12 blocks I have 3/4 finished so I can get the quilt done for my Mom. The blocks are 15" square. I have the center main embellishments done on each one, and many of the seams and motifs finished. I also have 12 squares about 1/2 finished for my own crazy quilt. All the hand work just takes time. But I love hand embroidery and beading on fabrics. On Mom's I have lots of vintage jewelry that was my great-great-grandmas down thru Mom's stuff. For instance, I have some of the pins Mom wore on her bobby socks, back in the day..poodle skirts with crinolines, bobby socks, saddle shoes. I have used some of those pins as embellishments. The quilt is a surprise for Mom. I had to tell her if some of her jewelry was missing she wasn't robbed..except by her daughter! Lol.. My friend that teaches the crazy quilt classes gave the idea to use antique jewelry. She said it's better than it laying away, never seen. This way it can be seen and appreciated! Plus you don't mess it up, the pins can just be unpinned if need be.
So, wish me luck on sticking with finishing things!!! I was never such a procrastinator as I seem to be now. Sigh...
Kif