Old 11-28-2013, 03:07 PM
DogHouseMom

This is why I work in both B&W and color.

In the B&W version - top row far right. I would move it to the 2nd position from the right. But when I look at it again in color ... I don't like it. Value wise it belongs 2nd from right, but the color is wrong. Do you have a darker purple you can use instead?? Or even a black.

On the bottom row put them in the following order (I numbered them left to right)

1 2 3 5 6 4 7 8 9 12 11 10 13 14

then take another picture, we'll change it to B&W for you ... and we'll have another look. I moved too many of them to imagine what the resorting looks like

I also might add that with a bargello pattern that calls for two colors, you might want to consider two completely different colors. These two come close to running into each other.

Lastly ... you have one stripe fabric in there. Stripes are great in bargello providing you cut them across the stripes - not with the stripes.

And remember ... don't rush it. Sometimes I spend several days rearranging and choosing different fabrics for the mix. The bargello in my avatar took me about a week just to pick fabrics (working on it a little every day).