Old 12-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Macybaby

Default That's it!!! these attachmenst are driving my crazy!

I should have stuck with Singer - pretty much everything fits everything! Well, at least with the short shank machine.

These Greist are driving me nuts. And it does not help that so many companies made rebranded machines - so trying to figure out what is what. . . makes me want to dump them all in one big box and list them on ebay just to get them out of my brain!

I still have one style I'm not sure what it goes for.

Here are the four

The first fits on the White Rotary, or those made by White with this configuration. Notice how the bed screw hole is in line with the hole in needle plate, both of which are just below the level of the needle hole

The third fits on the Free Westinghouse with the rectangular plate.

I don't own a machine like this, but here is what the plate looks like - notice the two holes on the needle plate

The last fits the National (in this case, my two spool) With this one, notice how the hole in the needle plate is lined up and very close to the needle hole?

The one I don't know is the second. This could be for a long bobbin type machine, though it would need to be one with a narrow slide plate (could be a later New Home).

Here is is lined up with my Free - this has the same width slide plates as the Singer. The White also has narrow slide plates, but they don't meet in the middle like would be required for this attachment.

Anyone got a National they'd care to measure for me?