Old 12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default Bought the Shakespear in the Park Pattern but I want to size the blocks down, have ??

So, I bought 3 of Judy Martin's books this past week because I really like the look of a lot of her quilts. Her patterns seem a little difficult to work through (I find that it leaves the quilter with much more thinking and strategizing to put together then other patterns I have used) I am finding. But, I think the extra work will be worth the effort if my quilts can turn out anything like the examples I've seen.

So, I want to do the Shakespear in the Park pattern but find that it is written to result in blocks that are 12 inches finished. I like to do lap size but want more repeats in blocks than the 12 inches will allow and I prefer a more delicate size. So, I'm thinking reducing them to 8 inches finished would look good for a more detailed look and lap size. I have been trying to find the two block patterns on line in a 8 inch size and am having difficulty. I can't find directions for an 8 inch Virginia Reel and I can't figure out what search name to use for the Star Block (it is a star inside a star) to look for that 8 inch pattern. Can anyone help me find or determine this information? I would really appreciate it. I'm wondering if I am making this too difficult?