Thread: 2013 or 3050
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Tfch8184

The needle positioning is a huge reason for wanting a new machine. I am always having major problems with getting a scant 1/4 seam and that's with having a painters tape line and my 1/4 guide foot. If I could move my needle to the right I could fix this but my magnolia only goes center or left.

The needle up/down is huge for me as well. Sometimes I get in the flow and don't stop to think about turning the knob to set the needle down and then I end up with boogers in my stitches.

Most of me wanting to upgrade is due to knowing how I am. It's quirks about myself that a new machine can make easier and counteract my quirks so I end up with less mistakes or having to redo stuff all the time.

I'm just unsure which machine to go with. There's a $50 price difference and one comes with a huge bonus pack but that's not a big deal because I already have the feet I would need. I just want the best machine in my price range right now and prefer janome as a brand although I'm open to others as long as they meet my criteria.