Thread: A pink Mercury?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
vmaniqui

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I started sewing when I was 5 - on a Singer 201. That was the machine all us kids (11) learned on. When we got good enough, then my Mom would let us sew on the real machine- her White ZZ.

I had older sisters to show me how to use the machine - with the knee control, you don't need to have your feet touch the floor to make it work. Older sisters were never too worried about the younger ones sewing our fingers and stuff like that LOL!!

So I grew up thinking the Singer 201 as the "toy" machine.

I love that pink - but I don't have any little girls around to buy a machine for
my Mom is a good dressmaker. she does so many wedding gowns, evening gowns and mostly woman's clothing's. i could still remember one time when my Mom was sewing, she accidentally press on the foot and the needle threaded her nail straight to her finger. Ouchhh. i could say that at that time my mom had a 66 or 201 and a newer singer Zig Zag machine but i did learn from her older singer. amongst my siblings (we're 7) i am the only one who learned how to sew.

that pink machine is new to my eyes. in fact the model is new to me. i guess i am really a newbie with this antique sewing machines. are old japan sewing machines really that good? but i can tell you one thing - in the bay area (sf) i am surprised that people think their machines are worth a million as the going price is $200-500.