Old 12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Sunflowerzz

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
That brown "goop" is actually grease for the bobbin hook drive. Make sure to re-grease it before you run it too much.

That's a nice machine. Any idea of what type of cams it uses?

Joe
Thank you Joe, You're right I should have said grease. I remembered the thread from a week or so ago about how to grease the gears ( I read almost every post on this forum so I will learn ) so I did remember to grease the gears ( gently) and I do know what cams it takes but only from a photo. I found an ad from 2010 of someone selling this same machine with the cams so I copied the picture and have been searching for some. They come in a long little tin. I have one tin of new home cams but they are not the right ones. I just bought some on ebay...probably from you. LOL

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Yeah, that's nothing out of the ordinary. If the machine has a grease trap, it usually looks like that.
Is that what it is called!? A grease trap?

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
You did a great job. She looks so cool and makes some great stitches.
Thank you, I was so happy and surprised, I called my hubby and told him all about it. He works in oil fields about 7 hours from home and is gone for days at a time so I have to call to share with him.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
She cleaned up nice! Good save. It looks like basically the same setup underneath as the Monkey Wards machine I dragged home last week.
Rodney
So many of them are similar, and I am starting to be able to see those things, but I still have trouble with bobbins, needles and bobbin cases and buttonholers that I have that I just haven't a clue about.

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 12-04-2013 at 07:02 PM.