Thread: Do I dare?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Macybaby

That one has been listed for a long time. I was considering it last time I was in Town, but then I lined up the Domestic coffin top instead.

You will have to do some significant modification to that cabinet to make your MN fit - it has a very different hinge type, and I personally would not do it. It's one thing to get one that your MN will just drop into.

But if you do decide to get it, I know where you can find a home for the machine. It is the same type of my New Queen so i'd keep it for parts if needed. The shuttles are rare and usually cost twice what this machine is selling for, though you can find deals if you are diligent.

If you seriously want a nice cabinet, find one for around $100 with a machine I'm interested it. I'll pay $75 for the machine, and you can have the cabinet for $25.

I saw a really nice White rotary treadle for $90 yesterday, and I had not already set up to get an even nicer one (same decal pattern) from Steve H, I'd have brought that one home and I'd be looking for someone who wanted the treadle cabinet.

I am setting up one cabinet so I can easily swap out different treadle heads. This way I can have more examples of Treadle machines in a lot less floor space. I've got three treadle bases in the shed already, one Free with a cabinet surround, a 34" older style Singer (though Joe got a few parts of this one) and a 34" new style Singer (the brown one). If someone showed up at the door, I'd help load them with a smile and wave as they headed down the road!

Last edited by Macybaby; 12-07-2013 at 08:59 AM.