View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict View Post
I have the opposite problem from yours - I have way too many scraps. I would love to pass some on to you for just the cost of shipping if you are interested. Just let me know what kind of scraps you are interested in, kids, solids, flowers, etc., I have it all. It would probably be into January before I could go through them as this is such a busy time of year.
Really? I will message you. Only kind I would not use would be kids stuff although I have put some kids selvages in the quilts I have made; the color stood out more than the designs. I have a lot of children and have only gotten three of them quilts made. They grew up without quilts and always wanted the beds to have them on them as most of their friends had quilts. I would hate for them to have mommy issues that they were the ones without a quilt from mom! I call their quilt 'blankets' as they are more practical than art pieces but to them they are warm and wonderful. I started looking at scraps because I would like to make a block a day with all the wonderful blocks I see around here and have discovered most of the stuff I am drawn to is with scraps and/or paper piecing. I make a at least one selvage block most mornings but would like to get just a tad more creative and it is a grand way for me to start my day. This will push me to complete current selvage 'blanket' in the next month; have something to look forward to. Thank you!