View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:18 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
Ok. I have only made quilts with selvages with some wide enough to use for paper piecing. Reason? That is what was given me and so I work my way through them. I now am getting low and am ready to move on to scraps. I really would get lost in over planning if to buy fat quarters and stuff; plus cost. My question is what is a good price to pay on ebay for scraps, from cat-free, smoke-free home? I have tried to study the bids to decide but there really is quite a range in the final sales. Per #? Or per flat rate box? I am talking about scraps 3" square up to maybe 6" square (but in all shapes not perfect squares). Not big pieces. I have been keeping my eye out at Goodwill but the staff said one of the workers buys the fabric when it comes in.
I have also heard that the workers are not allowed to buy. (But I think that often that rule isn't followed.)

So, my advice, unless you are from a very small town, and very small towns don't usually have Goodwills, find other thrift stores in your area and/or another GW (my mom calls it G & W Clothing).

Find "Fill a bag for $1" deals--and fill it with all cotton clothing/shirts/skirts/kids clothing--you will get a variety of neat scraps from that a a very reasonable outlay.