View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 AM
janRN

I absolutely love being home!! If I could do all my shopping on line I'd never leave LOL. After 43 years as a nurse I was totally burnt out. I only work one day a week now and I'm thinking that after the first of the year I'll stop doing that, thankfully don't need that little bit of income. Unlike you, I do NOT get up at 5:30--I did that for tooooooo long! Now my day starts at 7:30 with tea and a nice long time reading the newspaper ( which I never got to do).

I usually do some laundry, cleaning up, run errands and hit the Bat Cave (my sewing room) by 11am. I sew almost everyday. Usually quit and watch Days of Our Lives at 3pm, finish up in sewing room and start dinner around 5. I use my crockpot 2-3 times per week so I don't have to spend a lot of time cooking. MrJanRn works from home but we only see each other at dinner LOL--after all the years he traveled I had to get used to him being home.

I have friends ask me if I miss being around people-----uh, NO!! Sounds like you & I are blessed to be able to retire and enjoy our lives.