Thread: perogies
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 04:55 AM
clump

Default perogies

this is my moms recipe hope you enjoy for the dough 1 tub sour cream add flour till it forms a dough for filling boil potatoes when cooked drain and mash with shreaded cheddar cheese to taste if potatoes aren't thick add some instant potato flakes to thicken cool in fridge after cool take dough cut into baseball sized pcs take one pcs and roll out on a well floured counter dough should be thin cut into circles I use a soup can take dough in the palm of your hand take a spoon of the potatoes place in the middle of dough fold over and crimp edges with fingers I usually make a dozen and place in pot of boiling water when perogies float remove from water place in roasting pan add a little vegatabe oil toss lightly to prevent sticking together at this point you can place flat on a cookie sheet freeze then put in frezzer bags or fry in a skillet for a sauce I do heavy cream in a skillet with onions dill cook down to a sauce pour over perogies if you want different fillings I do saurkrat , dry curd cottage cheese . hamburger with rice, apple, or any kind of pie filling you get the idia if you want experiment with the fillings.