View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Airwick156

Thanks everyone. Evidentally today was actually a substitute for the Doula that was scheduled to be there as she was out of town and on her way home and that is why my daughter was called in. She stayed for 5 hours which was a couple hours after the Doula got to the hospital. The were more then pleased to have my daughter stay to get some "hands on training" from an experienced Doula. When my daughter came home she was literally "on top" of the world from the excitement even though she wasnt there for the birth today. She jabbered on and on and on about the great experience her day was. And she was just so overwhelmed with emotions. She said that the mom to be was having back to back contractions and they were quite strong and did not want anything for pain and that with my daughters help she was able to bear the pain. Im still jumping for joy. I havent a clue yet if the baby is here yet or not as this is her first baby and they have a mind of their own. But as soon as my daughter finds out I will let you know.
On another note... Sunday she will do it again with another mom to be for a scheduled induction and she will be the only Doula. Shes so excited.