Old 12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Cheryl

Thank You, yes I'm so happy my nephew said he would take care of them until I can get a place to where I can have them both back with me. Allie is 16 this year and Rio I'm pretty sure he is 3. He's a character when I got him he could only say a few words. They use to call him quack quack and he would say that all the time. Well he can count, sing twinkle twinkle, he tells Allie shut up, calls me mom, oh he's really funny when he knows I'm mad at him I'll tell him something and then he'll come back and say something like bad bird and then say something in a real low tone . and laugh. I don't teach any of them curse words but whoever had Allie before me taught her to say a word GD which but she mumbles it you have to really listen to her to understand her sometimes. Then I tell her I don't want to hear that . She'll say I'm sorry , and Hello, she doesn't talk much. Now Rio like I said he has a big vocabulary, calls my son Chris, and others. but he will bite you in a minute if you don't watch it. They can live actually to 100 or more depending on how they are taken care of. Another thing cockatoos have a very high dust dandruff and I get cleaning her cage and I get coughing really bad. I think I've become allergic to her. LOL I mist her with water . I just Love them so Much. She got really attached to me and I hated to do that to her because I was her fourth owner and she was so close she knew when I was coming home even if I was 5 mins. away she'd start her hollering and being noisy from what my roomate told me. she even knows when I was on the phone. It's something. I was trying to download a picture of her for my avatar but I'm having trouble doing it.