View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
NanaCsews2

I have the Ellegante BLG, the first one. My machine loves the 40 wt polyester embroidery threads from ThreadArt-the designs sew out perfectly and beautifully. For sewing/quilting, the Isacord 40 wt polyester thread is my favorite, and I use the Sulky Polyester Bobbin thread (Hancock Fabrics has Sulky on sale now.) or the 60 wt polyester thread from ThreadArt. I have tested each one and adjusted the horizontal and vertical stitches on my machine for each thread and keep notes on what settings to use when I switch out the threads and needles. The only cotton thread I can use in my machine is the Essential thread from Connecting Threads. It is 50 wt/3 ply. I have tried many threads (not Superior yet, though) and these threads I have found to be very reasonably priced and available. I have also bought large cones of spun polyester from Ebay and had no problems. I have had my machine for 5 years, and the thread broke only once. Adjusted the tension, put in a sharp needle, and it was fine. For quilting I use the polyester threads as they are stronger than cotton. The Isacord sews like butter in my Elegante.