View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM
ArchaicArcane

If Richmond is a Customs location, it may be traveling but is no longer being scanned.
I find that a lot of parcels that come from the US to us here in Canada disappear at the border. If you call Customs, they'll tell you Canada Post has it, if you call Canada Post (or check their site) it will say Customs has it. Then one day it will just turn up in the mailbox. Which has got to be annoying for parcels sent Signature required (which has happened!)

The other thing that happens (I have a parcel in this "black hole" at the moment - My parcel went from California, to Michigan to..... I have no idea at this point, but I'm in Alberta which is considerably closer to California than it is to Michigan.) - A package will often be carried by one carrier until it hits the border, then it will change carriers to make it the rest of the way. When it crosses the border, either the "foreign" arm of the same company, or the new shipping company will often change the shipping number. Which means effectively that the parcel you're tracking stopped in Richmond and the parcel that will arrive at the destination won't be trackable (by you) because no one provided the new number. It's a terrible system, and DH (who used to work for Loomis / DHL) couldn't figure out why they did it, but they all do.