Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USPS package tracking

Blog Entries

USPS package tracking

Hello the tracking for my Christmas parcel is telling me since December 6. that it has arrived at Richmond but it isn't moving on...... It shall go to San Mateo!!! I sent two packages: the other one reached my daughter last week!!!!! But this one contains all the gifts for Christmas...... I am still hoping......

IF you sent it parcel post it can take what seems like forever (7-14+ ) days to arrive.Parcel post goes from one sorting warehouse to another & if it can break it usually gets broken.Priority mail is only a few cents to a few dollars more,is MUCH faster & ALOT safer.I know this because I ship ALOT through Ebay,Also UPS is great,Best wishes

U.P.S. and FedX hand over a certain amount of packages over to the post office for them to deliver. They are always slower delivering. You don't have a choice in the matter. Our business only gets the U.P.S. deliveries.
    My packages I have sent to me usually comes via the post office.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

QKO
    Packages coming in from (and going out) to international locations are scanned at the international sorting facilities on either coast. Depending on the class of service of your package, it may take awhile to cross the continent, especially at this time of the year, because of weather delays, Christmas shipping volume, etc.

I just had a regular priority mail package take an extra two weeks, rather than 3 days, to cross the USA for some inexplicable reason, then it was finally delivered to my customer. This almost never happens, but sometimes a parcel will disappear into a "black hole" and take some time to come out.

Hopefully your parcels will make it there in time for Christmas.

I mailed from Toledo Ohio to Lafayette Louisiana, 2 weeks before Christmas a few years ago, they received them about Jan 6th. I was heartbroken, I had shipped Post office. The tracking was only scanned in one time.

This year I shipped FedEx I mailed on Friday the 13 to Southaven Mississippi and they received them today...YEAH, now for Facetime on Christmas to watch my Grand daughter open her gifts.
    Dyan

I mailed 2 pkgs parcel post from NM to FL on Dec 2. Got there Dec. 5. Not sure why sometimes things get held up. I'm just happy mine got there.

I am so frustrated with both UPS and USPS. I've paid extra for tracking and no one scans my items so I have no idea where my shipment is at any time...any they wonder why they're losing business and closing down my local office. A box I sent to my daughter upstate NY (only 250 miles from me) took TEN DAYS!!! It got 'stuck' in a postal hub 100 miles NORTH of her. it went beyond her city and had to be back-tracked. Ridiculous!!! Her birthday present was late and I was infuriated as I was promised 3-day delivery.

Blog Entries
    three day is a laugh. always has been for my mail anyway. FedEx and UPS drop and run. they don't even knock or ring the bell anymore. shame but true. go to our post office and ask them to look into your package delivery. good luck.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    So thankful to see this post. I've been tacking a package for the last week. It has been "stuck" in one place for 4 days. I thought it was lost there. Now I'm thinking it wasn't scanned when it left. Now I see I'm not the only one with tracking problems. I'm crossing my fingers it gets here. You might ask "What is in this very important package?" answer is Hemmed Dish Towels. Well, they are important to me.

Blog Entries
    Nothing new till now...... It's still in Richmond, since December 6. says the tracking so far!!! I send it from here on November 25.!!!! And I hope it will be delivered till December the 24........

If Richmond is a Customs location, it may be traveling but is no longer being scanned.
    I find that a lot of parcels that come from the US to us here in Canada disappear at the border. If you call Customs, they'll tell you Canada Post has it, if you call Canada Post (or check their site) it will say Customs has it. Then one day it will just turn up in the mailbox. Which has got to be annoying for parcels sent Signature required (which has happened!)

The other thing that happens (I have a parcel in this "black hole" at the moment - My parcel went from California, to Michigan to..... I have no idea at this point, but I'm in Alberta which is considerably closer to California than it is to Michigan.) - A package will often be carried by one carrier until it hits the border, then it will change carriers to make it the rest of the way. When it crosses the border, either the "foreign" arm of the same company, or the new shipping company will often change the shipping number. Which means effectively that the parcel you're tracking stopped in Richmond and the parcel that will arrive at the destination won't be trackable (by you) because no one provided the new number. It's a terrible system, and DH (who used to work for Loomis / DHL) couldn't figure out why they did it, but they all do.

Blog Entries
    and they wonder why they are going broke!! their routing system always confounds me. it makes no sense at all. But "big" business never did to me.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"

I just tracked my package mailed last Thursday from Florida to Arkansas and it has been to Memphis and then to NC and then back to Memphis with no delivery date posted. You'd think it was going into outer space! What kind of service is that? We have even had things come to our post office here and then be sent back to whereever for no reason! what??? I don't even think priority or first class makes any difference! It's a shame!

Blog Entries
    I just had a look on USPS tracking service: nothing happened, the package didn't move.... This reminds me of my search after a package from earlier this year: at least after some weeks it was detected in Cinncinati!!!! No one knows why a parcel sent to San Mateo was going to Cinncinati..... And I wonder where this package will be detected: I made an inquiry request yesterday!!!
    But I'm not very amused to this kind of transportation if there is each time I send a parcel such confusion......

Blog Entries
    ha, ha. just had to say the postman dropped off a large box this morning and ran. I went out to get it and it looked like Santa had sat on it!!!! Luckily it only had a soft slinky throw/blanket in it!!!

I am still waiting word from our local post office. It seems our mail carrier delivered my packages to someone else.
    But were supposedly delivered to me on Dec 9 and Dec 16th. I don't have either one.

So today I am going to go back in and ask where they are!!

Christmas rush is a lame excuse......They seem to get my bills in my mailbox.........LOL
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

USPS maybe in the same situation as UPS. I have had a package sitting in Mesquite, TX....driving distance from me, for over 10 days. Information sent to me says the package was delayed due to bad weather....it has been in the mid 70's and above freezing for over a week. Explanation, finally, UPS hub has 100's of tractor trailers side by side that have not been opened and packages processed. UPS said your package is in one of them, so you can't pick it up...just keep checking the website. Yeah, Yeah. Lots of folks will not get their gifts on Christmas.

Blog Entries
    And again I must say: nothing new about my Christmas package.... I'm really sad that it didn't arrive in time because I sent it so early.... But I hope it will be detected some day.... So nice gifts in it.....
    But in spite of this I wish you all have a wonderful Christmas time with many presents arriving just in time!!!

Well we found out about the missing packages. They were stolen!! The Sheriff has someone in custody. I filed a report and gave the Sheriff copies of my invoices. I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing my items though.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Well we found out about the missing packages. They were stolen!! The Sheriff has someone in custody. I filed a report and gave the Sheriff copies of my invoices. I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing my items though.
    That sounds very bad, I am so sorry for you.... But I believe the same thing happened to our package...It was a very big parcel nearly 10kilograms....

Blog Entries
    Nothing happened.......It stucks at Richmond, since December 6th!!!! I am really sad......

Blog Entries
    I am really sad: I think it's lost, there must be a “black hole“ at Richmond where my parcel vanished...... My asking where it may be gets no andere....And there is nothing we can do...... Shall I send a new one???? Next month my grandson will be one year old but I think there will be no presents from us.....

There should be some sort of inquiry process. An actual formal one. If you have a tracking number, and the parcel says it's at Richmond, I would think they -have- to respond to you as the shipper....

Blog Entries
    Man, I think I'd drive to Richmond and tell them to give you your package!! I do hope it shows up soon. I sent a friend a gift to Australia Nov 30th and it's still not there! no way to trace it either since I didn't send it Express. sigh!

Power Poster
    Sorry you package is still M.I.A.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast