Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: USPS package tracking

QKO
    If the latest tracking information you have says Richmond, that just means it was scanned in Richmond. It could be any place between Richmond and its final destination. There were quite a few mail delays over the holidays because of the big storms on the east coast. Your package may be on a truck somewhere in transit. Don't give up hope...

I have noticed with anything that was sent through UPS and USPS this Christmas season,( with USPS it was happening in October) that parcels would get to a certain place and even tho it was supposed to be able to track it that the info didn't show where it was and had been until after it was delivered. A friend of mine ordered something from India in October that was supposed to take 2 weeks to get (in October). It was last seen in NYC and took 5 weeks to get here to Alabama. Go figure. It is a shame as many times as they get a rate increase they can't keep track of packages!!!.
    Good luck with your delivery 1000scraps. Happy Birthday to you DGS!!!

If I ship a package that weighs very much, I have found UPS to be about the same rate, if not cheaper, and much more reliable than the post office. I print all my postage (both USPS and UPS) online and that saves money, too. With UPS, you need to give package to a driver or drop at a store. If you schedule a pickup, there is an additional charge. I think it is $10.

Hope everyone eventually got their packages!!!

Blog Entries
    Nothing happened.... it still says it's at post office in Richmond.... And I made two askings from here, two days ago they send a paper to fill in the content of that package to get some money back.... I still don't understand how could such a big parcel vanish: 10kgs are very heavy!!!!

Blog Entries
    If you believe it or not: it happens again!!! I participate in a swap and I send a parcel with my blocks to the swap mum in Kansas, and I spend some extra 2 € to get a tracking number....
    And I can't believe what the tracking said this evening:
    "the parcel arrived at Spain, the recipient wasn't there, he can pick it up at the post office!!!!" How on earth did the parcel get to SPAIN????? Anyone out there who has something against me???? I'm so sorry for all the other swap members..... I think I should not send anything anymore...... It's so cruel and I'm really sad.....

Blog Entries
    OH my!!! That is so odd. I hope you get in contact with someone with a brain who can actually help you. I sent a small package to Australia and my friend has yet to get it. The one i sent to England got there fine.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I feel so bad for you. With tracking numbers and such, you're supposed to be able to open a case, but it sounds like that's not happening.

Blog Entries
    Hello, I'm very very happy: even tracking says my parcel is in Spain it was delivered to the right address in the USA!!!! Do you understand this??? I don't.... I wonder what a tracking number helps if it says such stupid and wrong things????
    My blocks for the swap are now in time at the right place and I'm looking forward to the blocks I will get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1000scraps View Post
    Hello, I'm very very happy: even tracking says my parcel is in Spain it was delivered to the right address in the USA!!!! Do you understand this??? I don't.... I wonder what a tracking number helps if it says such stupid and wrong things????
    My blocks for the swap are now in time at the right place and I'm looking forward to the blocks I will get!!!
    That is just weird, makes me wonder if I should bother paying for tracking. I am glad your blocks got to the correct place. Did your Christmas package ever arrive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ragquilter View Post
    That is just weird, makes me wonder if I should bother paying for tracking. I am glad your blocks got to the correct place. Did your Christmas package ever arrive?
    Yes, I'm very glad too!!! But I must say, that my Christmas package was not found till now..... Perhaps it's really gone to Spain because there exists a town called "San Mateo" too!!! But I think it's lost and I hope I'll get some money back....
    But now I'm very skeptical about the tracking numbers and if it's worth to pay money for them!!!
    Have a nice Sunday!!!! Over here it's very cold: 12F!!!! And some places are even colder....

Blog Entries
    No good news till now: my package seems to be lost.... And I found many articles in the internet about the Richmond Sort Facility: it is suspected that there exists "A black hole" where packages disappear.... Is there anyone out there working at this sort facility??? And can tell me whats going wrong there???
    I found this article:
    http://richmondstandard.com/2014/02/...ting-facility/

Still hoping.....

Try to contact the USPS spokesman Augustine Ruiz Jr. that was quoted in the article. Ask him to provide you information on the status of the package. Even if he passes you on to someone, it's further than you've gotten to date.

There should be an official tracking process, have you initiated that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Try to contact the USPS spokesman Augustine Ruiz Jr. that was quoted in the article. Ask him to provide you information on the status of the package. Even if he passes you on to someone, it's further than you've gotten to date.

There should be an official tracking process, have you initiated that?
    That's a good idea!! And yes, we made official requests from both sides: I made two from germany, my daughter tried it from SF!! All we heard: " we will search and we will call back"!!! But I think I'll send a letter to Mr. Ruiz, looking what will happen then...

Make sure you provide copies of the requests you made. Any sort of documentation you have.

I find it hard to believe that there are this many problems and they don't ave a proper procedure in place.
    With Canada Post, I can create a service ticket right on their website, and someone will contact me back within a few days.

Blog Entries
    So, here comes the last update: it's not found, I'll get a little bit compensation money, half the worth of the things I sent!!!
    We tried everything, wrote several letters, even to the Customers Care, the only thing my daughter got is an excuse:

"Reports of mail loss greatly concern us. Regrettably, when such instances are brought to our attention, there is no sure way of determining what may have happened. With the large volume of mail moving through our network each day, it is literally impossible to trace a single piece of regular First-Class Mail. Only Registered Mail, which is accounted for during its entire journey, can be accurately traced. "

Till now I can't understand that such a big package is dissolved into air and vanished.....
    But now it's over, we are now looking forward when our children and grandchildren will come visiting us in summer!!! Thanks to you all for listening to my sorrows and for your advices!!!
    Greetings to all of you from Regina

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2