View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 02:47 PM
moonwork42029

I appreciate all everyone's hard work keeping the swap going but my heart still isn't in sewing yet. I had hoped maybe a very small commitment would give me some sparks.

My Dad had been my "ironer and cheerleader" and it just doesn't seem "complete" to put blocks together without his help. He passed away at the end of July and I've done bits and pieces but honestly, without his input, encouragement, agreement and prodding it doesn't hold the joy it did with him here helping. Taking care of his estate is draining and it was almost nothing...just all the legal mumbo jumbo and hoops to jump through.

I have a few tops to finish and then maybe I'll try to start quilting them on the long-arm. I had just gotten it when he moved in and so I haven't really worked on it ... it's not a vital "piece" of him when I get around to setting it up for more practice.

I'll still be around to lurk and comment but not to swap at this time. Happy sewing to everyone. Thanks for letting me play with you guys for a couple months.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.