Old 12-27-2013, 09:08 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
Yes, you are right, you don't get it. I responded to someone a little while ago, but I will repeat it here and hope that everyone who misunderstands why she would give ME fabric to make HER a quilt will get a better understanding. My daughter and I are very, very close. She is my only daughter, and almost everything I make is hers - her choice, and my choice. It was sort of an unspoken understanding when I mentioned fabric to her that whatever she bought I would be making into a quilt for her. I do not quilt for others, I do not sell quilts, and I can only put so many quilts to good use in my own home. I love making things for my daughter. I am thinking that perhaps you do not have a daughter and therefore cannot understand a really close mother/daughter relationship. It WAS a gift, not disguised as a gift, not to mention this was one of many lovely gifts she gave me.
No one on earth would guess any of this from your original post, the one I responded to. You offered all the personal background info as the thread went on.... Yes, I do have a daughter and we are close, but if she gave me the gift of something to make for her I would be wondering why she didn't just give me the fabric and ask me to make her a quilt, not give me the fabric as a "gift". I hope you find a nice design to make for your daughter.

This was my Christmas gift quilt to my daughter, my own choice but a design she was interested in:
Attached Thumbnails union-jacks-quilt-002.jpg