Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I asked for it, I got it, NOW what do I do??? >

I asked for it, I got it, NOW what do I do???

I asked for it, I got it, NOW what do I do???

Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 AM

I just finished the quilt patter 2 men come up with where you do 4 strips of equal width which I used a close out pack of fat quarters. Then you sew 4 strips again, cut square (your choice on what works) lay them front of fabric facing one is horizontal one vertical, sew the outside perimeters, cut diagonally twice. It's cut! You can find it on Craftsy FREE videos class or You Tube also.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 AM

I still stand behind my response, I think it was thoughtful of her daughter to give this gift to her mom. Her inexperience in fabric selection has created a challenge to find the perfect pattern, but I think mom can handle the challenge. I have been motherless since the age of 22. I only wish I had a quilt to wrap up in that was made by my mother. I guess I was focusing more on the mother/daughter bond I have been without for a long time, rather than the quilting question. Good luck MOM! I am anxious to see the finished project. You have received so many wonderful suggestions. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Hi a few years ago a quilt quilt and I made a quilt with just black and red fabrics, it was a hunters star foundation pieced quilt and it was fantastic when it was finished. you could try something like that a few hunters stars and something else ours was all hunters stars. happy quilting yippie