Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 AM
ThayerRags

MUTT (Multi-Use Traveling Treadle) is a nickname for a stripped down treadle that can be transported easily (mainly to sales booths at events) and has the smallest possible foot-print to not take any more space than is absolutely necessary. Mine has multiple tops with different cutouts for different machines to use the with same treadle stand.

I also have a MUTTIN (Multi-Use Traveling Treadle - INdustrial) that is an industrial-size treadle set up for the same purpose, but for larger machines.

CD in Oklahoma

Edited to add: I should add, that there is an earlier term coined by the TreadleOn Group, called a MUT (Multi-Use Treadle) that has been around longer. The MUT is a treadle stand that typically has either a single top with a large cutout using multiple inserts to accommodate different machine types, or has multiple tops that can be changed out. In most cases, the large sewing area of the top is preserved, and not trimmed down or abbreviated. While some owners do travel with their MUT, the unit may not have been set up specifically for traveling purposes like a MUTT or MUTTIN.

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine485t_11.jpg   machine407c_20.jpg  

Last edited by ThayerRags; 12-28-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Additional text.