View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Retired Fire Chief

We used to stay home, I am definitely not a night owl since I get up around 5:30 every morning. A few year ago we started celebrating with our neighbors, we started doing a progressive dinner between 5 houses but the last few years we down sized and now just do 3 houses, someone usually does salad type goodies, soups and lots of deserts of course. Everybody pitches in and brings some beer and wine, nobody drinks a lot and there's usually a few fun games going on. We stay awake until hugs and kisses are spread at the new year and then everyone disperses to their homes and their snuggly beds - it's going to be below zero so it will be super cold going home. And with the ice, I'm sure everyone will drive instead of walk from house to house (long driveways!) The only problem is I will be so pooped New Years day I will most likely nap off and on all day.

Happy safe New Years to everyone here, you are such a wonderful gift! Thank you the love and support you give to everyone, I'm truly blessed to have found you! Linda