Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
Yes, you are right, you don't get it. I responded to someone a little while ago, but I will repeat it here and hope that everyone who misunderstands why she would give ME fabric to make HER a quilt will get a better understanding. My daughter and I are very, very close. She is my only daughter, and almost everything I make is hers - her choice, and my choice. It was sort of an unspoken understanding when I mentioned fabric to her that whatever she bought I would be making into a quilt for her. I do not quilt for others, I do not sell quilts, and I can only put so many quilts to good use in my own home. I love making things for my daughter. I am thinking that perhaps you do not have a daughter and therefore cannot understand a really close mother/daughter relationship. It WAS a gift, not disguised as a gift, not to mention this was one of many lovely gifts she gave me.

For those of you who have offered such wonderful, helpful suggestions - I thank you so very much. It has been a tremendous help, and I am just googling away looking at all options. This is a wonderful group of quilters!
You really need to read your original post. It states clearly the fabric was for you and your stash. Then you said she told you she wanted only the fabric she bought used in HER quilt. Don't get upset that anyone read your post as you wrote it.

Not that it makes any difference, if the quilt is for her, then she ought to pick what she wants---------------no other fabrics is what she wants.