View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
jillmc

Smile

Originally Posted by cherisews View Post
I have EQ5. Never thought about doing your idea so I played around to see what I could come up with. The easiest way I can see is to go to your Worktable and choose Work on Block. Set up the block to whatever size is easiest to draw an octagon. Block size doesn't matter. Finish your design, making sure you add color to the slices of the octagon. Save the block.

Now go to Worktable and choose Work on Quilt. Go to Layout and change it to 1 block horizontal and 1 block vertical. Slide the size bar as far as it can go to the right. Mine would not go to 54". To get this size, you have to change your Preferences. Go to File, select Preferences. Click on Layout Limits. Under General, change Max size of block to 54". Click OK.

Now go back to Layout and you will be able to slide the size bar up to 54". On the right side tool bar, select Set Tool. Click your block and then click the center of your worktable to place the block. And you're done! Hope this helps! Have fun designing!
Ok....I drew the octagon, colored it, saved it. When I go to work on quilt and choose layout (tab at bottom of page) the only pop up I get says custom layout, and allows me to change length and width of center rectangle....in the Manuel, it looks like there should be a larger pop up with more choices.....sigh....I can't select set tool-it isn't highlighted...wait....I now clicked on layer 1, my block popped up in a little box, I clicked set tool, clicked my block, but it won't transfer to my layout-which is actually sized at 54"! I am getting there............

Last edited by jillmc; 01-01-2014 at 04:24 PM.