Old 01-04-2014, 06:17 AM
oldsewnsew

So there is one on eBay now, and it looks nice! Not that I should be pushing Ebay after my recent experience, but I think this seller has invested enough time and energy in the machine, and is asking $47 shpg, to care to package it right. No telling what their reserve price is...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windsor-B-Vibrating-Shuttle-Antique-sewing-machine-functional-show-piece-1912-/301054754004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461842 fcd4

I got the one from Ebay stitching by hand rather easily, although the paint has a weird rough texture unlike crackled shellac in most spots. It stitches better than my New Home does, even with its new shuttle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454689[/ATTACH] It's kind of growing on me, guess I'll see if the seller, who has offered a full refund (shpg 2x) to give me half the shpg to compensate for the damaged motor, and that way we both wind up with something. I like it's simplicity, tensioner, take up lever, stitch length lever and the dragon ( or griffin)
I'll watch ebay for a National motor to come up, I guess, and I see there is a bobbin winder on there now. This will be more expensive than is rational by the time it's all done
Attached Thumbnails 2013-12-31-17.37.01.jpg