View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Susann

Hi RoseHawk!
My dd is doing a double wedding ring quilt using the QuiltSmart method. It's her first quilt and she wanted to do it for her college roommate who is getting married in July. I highly, highly, highly (did I say HIGHLY recommend it!!! As I said,she's never quilted before and I'm just a confident beginner. She's used the Lovely collection and it's beautiful. Several people discouraged her from attempting it but it's what she really wanted to do and it's been much simplier than we expected. I think there's a video on the QuiltSmart site to give you an idea. She cut the material & made the blocks in August when she had three weeks off between getting in from her internship & starting her senior year and then sewed the jewels and the blocks together last week before heading back to school. She plans on sewing the rows together on Spring Break then off it'll go to the LAQ then finish off the week after graduation. As I said, it has been simplier than expected and she has a gift she's really proud of. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.