Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding ring/double wedding ring quilt >

Wedding ring/double wedding ring quilt

Wedding ring/double wedding ring quilt

Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Susann View Post
Hi RoseHawk!
My dd is doing a double wedding ring quilt using the QuiltSmart method. It's her first quilt and she wanted to do it for her college roommate who is getting married in July. I highly, highly, highly (did I say HIGHLY recommend it!!! As I said,she's never quilted before and I'm just a confident beginner. She's used the Lovely collection and it's beautiful. Several people discouraged her from attempting it but it's what she really wanted to do and it's been much simplier than we expected. I think there's a video on the QuiltSmart site to give you an idea. She cut the material & made the blocks in August when she had three weeks off between getting in from her internship & starting her senior year and then sewed the jewels and the blocks together last week before heading back to school. She plans on sewing the rows together on Spring Break then off it'll go to the LAQ then finish off the week after graduation. As I said, it has been simplier than expected and she has a gift she's really proud of. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer.
Just a small note to add to this generous offer. Go to youtube and check out double wedding ring quilts and curved piecing. There are several methods. Find what works for you. Good luck. (If I can make a 47" Dresden plate lay flat, you can do this.)
Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 PM

Quilt Smart preprinted sheets and the Quilt in a Day video. It can be done easily. I did one just last year. Try out a table runner just to see what you think of the process.[/QUOTE]

Trying out at least a block is a good idea.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:33 AM

If you find someone who has an AccuQuilt cutter (either the GO or the Studio) they may be willing to cut all the pieces for you. I'm making a small one for my cousin's wedding (who's like a sister to me) and it is going VERY well so far on my practice piece. Now to cut into the real fabric and get it done.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM

you have plenty of time just do it slowly. I really like Yoder's templates. Be really picky about the colors you choose, you want the different parts to stand out. The eyeball (center football shape) and X's should be very light, white on white(I used a very light lavender on lavender). My melons or arc sections were medium pinks, blues, and purple and my x's were the same as the centers.The diamonds were a medium dark blue(two different ones). It turned out beautiful, even if I say so myself. Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you.

Last edited by kwiltkrazy; 01-08-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:00 AM

Where can I purchase the (Quilt Smart) preprinted pattern(?) for the double wedding ring quilt? My mother has wanted me to make one for her for as long as I can remember but I was always so intimidated by the thought of all that hard work and all those little pieces coming unraveled! I can SOO do this method! How do I get the pattern?