Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 AM
JLMoore3rd

Default My newfound obsession...

Since I'm new here I thought I'd add some of my recent finds... this all started a couple of months back when I found a light green Singer 221K Featherweight for my wife. I had been picking up vintage typewriters (40 at present count) and enjoy cleaning them up and making them work, so refurbishing the 221K was similar. I've found that while typewriters are fun to work on, sewing machines are much more of a challenge and quite possibly more addicting. I've added a dozen sewing machines to the shelves in the garage, and sometimes it looks like they breed while I'm not looking!

Most of the "newer" machines (Singers 301A, 401A, 66 & 99) only needed cleaning, lubrication and basic adjustment to start sewing... The 3 older Singer "red eyes" and the Pfaff 130 need serious attention cosmetically and mechanically, so they're future projects. The Necchi BF seems to move quite smoothly, but I need to rewire the motor to make sure it sews well. I also picked up a Minnesota Model D with a hand crank, which sews really well and is so quiet, but is in pretty bad cosmetic shape- the paint is chipping and peeling. I might need to paint the Model D, but it will be a shame to lose the decals. Here are a couple of pics of my machines:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]455253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455254[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455258[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails today.jpg   66b.jpg   401a1.jpg   99k.jpg   necchi.jpg  

Last edited by JLMoore3rd; 01-07-2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Changed images