View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Trippgal

Default Dumpster Diving Divas

Our Goodwill every month allows a dumpster dive behind the store of all the stuff that didn't sell. This was my first foray into the world of an endorsed dumpster dive and it was entertaining.

Score 1: Office Chair with ugly upholstery but in excellent working order (I re-upholstered in less than an hour and a half) to replace my ugly uncomfortable office chair in the sewing area.

Score 2: Lots and lots of great mens shirts and ties. The ties were all silk and are fantastic for upholstering dollhouse furniture.

Score 3: A deck prism from an old sailboat. I was stunned, these things cost dearly in the boat consignment shops. Makes a great weight!

Score 4: old patterns, including cute aprons and kitchen aid mixer cover.

Score 5: a box of fabric, porcelain doll heads, feet, hands, feathers, and other crafty stuff.

Usually I just dumpster dive at the marina where my boat is. Lots of wealthy people there and they throw tons of great stuff away. Including sails which make DARLING tote bags, duffels, and messengers. After a race we did a competitor threw away his sail he tore, and I dove in and turned it into a summer sun shade for the hammock.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-09-2014 at 03:57 AM.