View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Zappycat

Default Saturday Sampler class today

Today is my Saturday Sampler class at Pennington Quilt Works. I think we are learning block #8 today. I signed up for this class alone, and then talked a friend of mine that I used to work with into going with me. I am so glad I did. Now I get to see her every month, and I know I wouldn't if it weren't for this class. So many other things keep getting in the way! We take turns driving, I drove last month, so she will drive this month, because it is an hour away. Sometimes we get something to eat on the way there or back and we always have a lot of chatting to catch up on. Not to mention, that if I were doing this alone, I would probably find excuses to not go and not finish this quilt.

I guess I am just suggesting to all of you, that sometimes these classes are great ideas for reasons other than the quilt themselves!! Even if you don't need the instruction (or don't need another project! haha!), there are so many good things about taking this class. I look forward to it ever month, even if I usually don't make my block until the night before class!! (I want to get better about that, though!) ; )