Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
manicmike

Not all of my six freebies were complete (see have you been good this year thread), and a few weren't working, but surprisingly the Starlet (made in 1982 according to ISMACS) was all metal and not electronic in any way. Very quiet, nice machine. The Pinnock is also lovely to use. Wasn't working at all well when I got it on the bench, but now is like new. It came with a darning foot and of course has a vertical bobbin. I did a successful (albeit amateurish) test embroider on it. Beautiful baby blue (see below) and totally made in Australia in the 1960s. The electrics had been screwed up by someone and the hand crank was warped (it had obviously been dropped on it) which was surprisingly easy to fix (pop it in a vice and go to work with a steel pole).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455681[/ATTACH]
The Pinnock 101, straight stitcher
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455682[/ATTACH]
Singer Starlet, ZZ machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455683[/ATTACH]
Regal Zig-zag. Chromed and beautiful Japanese machine. Long shank.
The Singer 306 had the light wiring cut and really needed a re-wire (which I did) but included a full set of pattern cams! Definitely the best part of that machine. Also missing its bobbin case.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455684[/ATTACH]
The Pfaff and Bernina I haven't cleaned up yet. Here are the pics from the ad:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455686[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails machine.jpg   packed_up.jpg   singer_306.jpg   pfaff_60.jpg   bernina.jpg